Gold Care Guide
Gold is every woman’s best friend. Needless to say, the relationship between gold and a woman is age-old. Interestingly, not only women but men too are in love with the glitter of this yellow metal and prefer to flaunt their virile through its magnificence. So, undeniably every person will dread when a piece of gold jewellery starts losing its original shine. Here we have created a guide for you so that you can keep your gold ornaments clean and radiant throughout your life.
But before we start discussing how to care for your most precious possession, let us tell you what factors cause damage to both new and old gold trinkets and how they lose their shine over time. Unfortunately, gold trinkets lose their natural sheen due to regular use. The more you use them, the more they lose their glitter. In addition to that, dirt to cosmetics and everyday chemicals also affect gold ornaments’ natural shine. Even the perfumes you wear and moisturisers you apply can damage your gold accessories.
- Clean your gold ornaments with mild detergent & warm water. Soak your jewellery in the solution for 15-20 minutes then rinse the accessory with a soft, clean, and dry cloth.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to remove dirt from every nook and cranny of your product.
- After every wear make sure to keep it in a soft cloth pouch, preferably in the box with the soft sponge bed.
- Once a week, pamper your gold ornament with spa and makeover treatment.
For makeover: Apply toothpaste powder on your palm and gently rub the gold accessory (avoiding the stone part) for 10 minutes. Then clean the ornament with a soft cloth or tissue paper.
For spa: Put the ornament in a clean piece of aluminium foil in a tray. Sprinkle baking soda and place the jewellery into a bowl with boiled water. Let it be there for a few minutes and then rinse it gently with warm water and finally dry it with a hairdryer.
- To ensure the longevity of your gold jewellery, you can try out machine cleaning, which is done either by an ultrasonic cleaner, a steam cleaner or an iconic cleaner.
- Don’t use boiling or freezing water to clean your gold jewellery.
- Do not wear your gold ornament when you out in a sea or pool.
- Avoid applying nail polish, body spray, or perfume on any gold jewellery.
- Do not clean the gold ornament with a hard brush or any sharp item
- Avoid wearing your gold piece while sleeping.